Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Year's Journey!

Since my last post, over one year ago, I have been on quite a Marijuana journey.

After getting sick I decided to move to California so that I could live as a respected citizen, able to smoke medical marijuana for my MS and related symptoms. Wow, what a joy that was, living openly as a medical marijuana user, able to walk into any dispensary and ask for any marijuana strain I thought might suit my needs! But, work was too hard to find and I had to move back to Tennessee, and move back into the closet.

What a shock to the system that was. Suddenly, my closet had become much smaller it seemed and I was no longer willing to sit back and do nothing.

I have now started The Southern Alliance for Medical Marijuana. Our goal is to see that each Southern State enacts compassionate act Medical Marijuana Laws in order to protect people with serious illness from criminal prosecution, allowing safe access to medical marijuana.

This week, our 15th State, Arizona, joined the Medical Marijuana network of States but the South still is the only region in the U.S. that doesn't have a State that protects its citizens and allows access to medication that has scientifically proven benefits.

While I am here in Tennessee, I'm becoming a part of the change and I look forward to watching my State and many other states join in this rational movement.

The Marijuana Policy Project is initiating a Campaign For 26 by 2012, and they're kicking off the campaign in Arkansas, a bona fide Southern State so I am especially excited about this. You can find out more at www.mpp.org.

The S.A.M.M. is currently in great need of volunteers from all Southern States as well as donations! Even a small donation can go a long way in helping us achieve our non profit status and build as a powerful voice within local and regional government.

Please tell your friends.

A lot has changed since I began this blog over 2 or is it 3 years ago?
Not just within myself but within society and within our collective perceptions of Marijuana and Hemp. The science comes forward daily, proving that Marijuana provides not only relief, but provides healing ability for many diseases like MS, Cancer and Diabetes.

The Baby Boomers, the largest segment of our growing population, are all retiring and are realizing that the pot of their youth is also healing for the pains of their later years. In fact, in CA, the dispensaries generally claim that the majority of patients are over age 45, not 22 year old young people that don't need cannabis.

Within the next few years, It's predicted that over half of the country's States will have enacted medical marijuana laws. I look forward to watching this grow, as people realize that old myths no longer define our knowledge of this creator- given plant.

So, off with the old, and on with the new, the social experiment continues.

If you or someone you know live in the South U.S. please consider volunteering or making a donation to The S.A.M.M. at the site listed below.

Kim






No comments: