Thursday, December 30, 2010

Good Bye 2010...

Wow, is 2010 really over?  We've just said goodbye to another year without legalized Hemp Farming but my toes are tingling with the hope that 2011 will be a jump forward. 

Thanks to folks like Willie Nelson and Farm-Aid, and many other high profile icons, the perceptions of Hemp and Marijuana are changing, and with those changing perceptions, come ideas of agricultural and economic success for the U.S. There has never been a time in history more potent and full of potential as with Marijuana and Hemp.  

More states added themselves to the list of State's advocating Medical Marijuana Laws that provide compassion and protection under state laws.
  
For myself, 2010 was definitely the most active I've been in the Hemp and Marijuana Movements.  And, I spent 4 months in LA in 2010 acquiring my own medical card that I can use when I am there, which is hopefully as much as possible. What a moment that was!  Once you've stepped into the California Medical Marijuana atmosphere, it's hard to step back into that tiny, dark closet again.  

At the time of this writing, we now have 14 Medical Marijuana States, and there are many  more expected to be on board by 2012 so I'm quite hopeful. 

Now, let's let our farmers decide what they want to grow to support their families too.  Instead of importing, or even owning hemp farms in other countries for U.S. importation of Hemp.  Yet, these U.S. based companies have no choice but to go outside of the U.S. for their Hemp.  

There are politicians on both sides of the political fence that are in favor of bringing hemp to American Farms.  Write them, let them know what you think.  You might be surprised at the response.  It's time not to take no for an answer in my humble opinion!  

I've recently chosen to be an Associate for The Hemp Network , a division of Medical Marijuana Inc, the first medical marijuana company to enter the U.S. stock exchange.  This company will feature hemp products by the hundreds and is offering free sign-up right now. I look forward to working with a company that's as passionate about Hemp as I am.  


One of the last things I've done this year, is to create "The Southern Alliance for Medical Marijuana".  Well, I am trying to create it.  So far, I've not received one donation to implement the marketing plans I need to do but you can look at the donation page here: The Samm 
A small amount of generosity could go along way for helping us get this organization off of the ground, and establishing protective Medical Marijuana Laws throughout the South.  The South boasts the best farmland in the country.  Too bad our farmers can't grow Hemp or Medicinal Marijuana legally.  


After 2 years, Marijuana and Hemp stay at the top of Obama's list from the people, created with his website.  Nobody talks about that in the press.  But still, these issues remain right up there with the economy and war topics.


Is anybody listening?


May 2011 give us the ears to hear, and the will to make things happen!
Kim


Twitter@hempamerica and @sammorg1



 

1 comment:

Michelle Archer said...

Thank you for doing your part educating folks Kim. I truly believe that if more people were aware, common sense would prevail. I am an idealist and couldn't change that if I tried. I feel the wave of change at our backs, and soon the time will come that we can ride the wave to a saner world.